Once again CABL is partnering with Louisiana Public Broadcasting to host a statewide televised debate in the Louisiana governor’s race. Tune in tonight at 7:00 p.m. on LPB stations across the state and WYES and WLAE in New Orleans.
This will be the final debate before the primary election, and we will be taking this opportunity to focus on the future of Louisiana. As part of that we will include the voices of student leaders from colleges and universities who will share their hopes and aspirations for the state.
Candidates confirmed to take part in the debate are:
- Sharon Hewitt (R) – State Senator
- Hunter Lundy (I) – Lake Charles attorney
- John Schroder (R) – State Treasurer
- Stephen Waguespack (R) – Former CEO of the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Shawn Wilson (D) – Former Secretary of the Department of Transportation and Development
CABL has been partnering with LPB on statewide debates for more than 25 years. As a nonpartisan organization it is our goal to focus discussion on the issues that are most important to move Louisiana forward. The debate will also be carried live by a number of public radio stations and will also be available for streaming afterwards at LPB.org.