Welcome Class of 2022!
DoubleTree by Hilton 1521 W. Pinhook
Thursday, May 12
Dress: Business Casual
5:50 p.m. Meet in lobby of hotel for Name Tags & lanyards.
Ride Bus to reception.
First Horizon Bank Tower, downtown: 200 W. Congress St./Corner of Buchanan St.
6:30- 8:30 Opening Reception Host and Sponsor: First Horizon
Friday, May 13
7:30 Hotel Vermilion Ballroom: Breakfast Buffet open
8:00 Program Orientation and Class Introductions (breakfast on-going)
9:00 “Why Louisiana Ain’t Mississippi”
The people, places and history that shape our state.
- Jay Dardenne, Commissioner of Administration (‘94 Alum)
12:15 Break & casual lunch at hotel
12:30 Welcome/Regional Overview
- Mandi Mitchell, CEO, Lafayette Economic Development Authority (’05 Alum)
1:15 Front of Hotel – Board Bus for Alumni House – University of Louisiana at Lafayette
1:30 University of Louisiana at Lafayette – Welcome
- Jaimie Hebert, Vice Provost, University of Louisiana at Lafayette (‘19 Alum)
2:15 “State-of-the-State” Overview
- Barry Erwin, CABL
3:30 Board Bus for Lafayette Tour – Moncus Park
4:00 Tour of Moncus Park
- P. MacFayden, Director, Lafayette Central Park
4:30 Break – Small Group breakout discussions
5:30/45 Board Bus to Acadiana Center for the Arts
6:00 Arrive at ACA Socializing, drinks and tour
7:00 Sing-for-Your-Supper…? Dinner
8:30 Load bus, return to hotel
8:30-10:00 – Downtown Alive! Featuring Rosie Ledet & the Zydeco Playboys and Rusty Metoyer & the Zydeco Krush, Parc Sans Souci (free outdoor concert, again, within walking distance from ACA)
Saturday, May 14
7:30-8:30 Vermillion Ballroom: Breakfast Buffet Sign up for door prizes!
9:00 Leadership Louisiana 2022 Class Survey on Public Issues
- Michael Henderson, Research Director & Assistant Professor of Research, Public Policy Research Lab, Manship School of Mass Communication, LSU
10:15 Community Leadership in Action
- Tina Bingham, Executive Vice President & Chair, McComb-Veazey Neighborhood (’19 Alum)
11:15/30 Adjourn — Have a safe trip home!
See you in New Orleans…July 14-16
Thanks to our Local Session Sponsors
Thanks to our Statewide Sponsors
Wurtele Fund at BRAF
Coughlin Saunders Foundation