Economy & Innovation
- Build upon Louisiana’s existing resources, diversify our economy, improve our transportation system and enhance our competitiveness to create a sustained period of economic growth over the next 25 years.
- Position postsecondary education institutions and appropriate state agencies to produce a highly-skilled, globally competitive workforce with a strong focus on the technology-based new-market jobs of the future.
- Develop existing talent in Louisiana and attract new talent from outside to grow our population at rates exceeding southern regional levels.
- Create a diverse, modern education system that produces sustained and equitable improvement in student outcomes at a rate that outpaces that of the nation.
- Expand access to high-quality early childhood education so that every child in Louisiana has the opportunity to begin school ready to learn.
- Increase the education attainment and training credential levels of our citizens at all levels to meet the job demands of a growing, diverse and modern economy.
Livability & Quality of Life
- Create a period of sustained improvement in key indicators such as health, public safety and poverty so that Louisiana is in the top quartile nationally on recognized quality of life indicators.
- Establish Louisiana as a national leader in governmental ethics and transparency policies.
- Sustain Louisiana’s coast and wetlands as a vibrant place for culture, recreation, and commercial interests to thrive and extend that work to make the state a nationally recognized leader in all aspects of water system management and research.