Who is eligible to vote?
- United States citizens
Individuals at least 17 years old but must be 18
years old prior to next election
- Individuals not under an order of imprisonment
for conviction of a felony
- Individuals not under a judgment of interdiction for mental incompetence
- A resident of the state and parish in which
registration is sought
How do I register?
Eligible individuals may apply for voter registration by completing a Louisiana Voter Registration Application form at any of Louisiana’s mandated sites, any Registrar of Voters office, or by mail. Below is a list of mandated sites:
- Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles
- Louisiana Department of Social Services and WIC offices, Food Stamp offices, and Medicaid offices
- Offices serving persons with disabilities, such as the Deaf Action Centers and Independent Living offices
- Armed Forces Recruitment offices
Louisiana statutes require individuals to be registered 30 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that particular election.
The above information was gathered from the Louisiana Secretary of State Elections Division. For more details, visit their web site Here or contact them at:
Louisiana Secretary of State
P. O. Box 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125
Telephone: (225) 922-0900