DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR: Job Description
The Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), is seeking a Development Coordinator to assist with fundraising and related areas of institutional advancement for the organization, as well as its closely-affiliated foundation, known as FABL (Foundation for a Better Louisiana). This is a unique job opportunity for an experienced (early to mid-career) development professional to ensure that the organization meets its annual budget goals and to help CABL achieve its considerable growth potential.
The primary job responsibilities and estimated time allotments are as follows:
- Approximately 50 percent on development/advancement services, including processing gifts and memberships, updating/managing the Blackbaud eTapestry database, miscellaneous communications (membership reminders, invoicing members, revising/updating online CABL.ORG development messaging, etc.), prospect research, and report preparation for the CEO (monthly) and Board (quarterly);
- Approximately 50 percent on fundraising, including membership and other annual fund fundraising, including preparing 2-3 annual membership appeals (via mail merges from eTapestry database); drafting and submitting corporate and foundation (CFR) requests; seeking sponsors for six regional Leadership Louisiana meetings statewide; and assisting the CEO and staff with soliciting sponsors for CABL’S Annual Meeting.
The position reports to the President & CEO and works within an annual expenditure budget approved by the Board and President & CEO.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree (or higher);
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising, advancement services, or other closely-related area(s) of institutional advancement;
- Experience managing or supporting successful fundraising program(s);
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- LA driver’s license and willingness to occasionally travel statewide;
- Experience with one or more development databases, e.g., Blackbaud’s eTapestry or similar.
- Familiarity with MS Office software (including mail merges from large datasets).
Please submit a letter of interest, updated resume, and list of 3-5 professional references to: Barry Erwin, President & CEO, Council for a Better Louisiana, P.O. Box 4308, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-4308 or email@example.com. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon, as the review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until qualified applicants are identified.
The Council for a Better Louisiana is a non-profit (501-c-3 and 501-c-6) educational, public policy, and leadership development organization with a long and distinguished history (see: CABL.ORG). For more than a half century, CABL has promoted long-term improvements in Louisiana’s educational and workforce development arenas and advocated in a strictly non-partisan fashion for improved government ethics, fiscal responsibility, and heightened civic engagement. Additionally, through our widely-known Leadership Louisiana program, CABL has prepared more than 1,300 of Louisiana’s future leaders from all regions of the state, for more than three decades. Advised by an all-volunteer statewide Board of Directors, CABL’s day-to-day operations are managed by a small but dynamic home office staff located in downtown Baton Rouge.
CABL’s positive impact is evident in every town, city, parish, and region of Louisiana.